The East Valley Charitable Giving Committee’s mission is to actively serve local and national charities by volunteering and contributing to the health and vitality of the community.
- Chair Person – Patty Holmquist
- Treasurer – Brenda Cates
- Secretary – Nicole Raymeyer
- Public Relations –
- Giving Tree Leader – Megan Kelly
2018 EVCF Charitable Giving Events Coming Soon!
2017 EVCF Charitable Events
- Jan /Feb: walked 75 dogs at the animal shelter
- May: created the “Vinnie” WOD and raised close to $8,000 for Cystic Fibrosis
- October: participated in Barbells 4 Boobs and raised close to $3000
- November: collected over 100 bottles of conditioner for foster teen love bags
- December: sponsored several families in need in our annual Christmas giving tree
- December: had 100 members package meals at Feed My Starving Children
Thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to invest in others!
Patty Holmquist – Chair Person
Hi, my name is Patty Holmquist and I’ve been a member at EVCF since 2014. I am a “retired” accountant and was blessed to work from home and raise my children. Over the past several years, I have found that I have a passion for volunteering and serving. I currently sit on the Cystic Fibrosis Parent Advisory Council; serve as the Secretary/Treasurer for my son’s Future Famer of America Alumni chapter, foster and volunteer for the Boxer Luv Rescue, and am one of the philanthropy liaisons for the East Valley Boys Service Club. My hobbies include exercising, reading, snow skiing, and hanging out with my family. I also love the beach and could live in shorts and a tank top year round. My hope is for this committee to inspire others in our community to give and serve ……and to nail a muscle up in 2016!
Brenda Cates – Treasurer
My name is Brenda Cates. I have been married 43 years to Kim and am the ‘Gran’ to 8 wonderful grandchildren! I started crossfit 2 1/2 years ago at age 62! I really appreciate the patient, encouraging, and knowledgeable coaches at EVCF. My hobbies include CF, tennis, and spending time with family and friends. I am blessed to serve alongside the many giving people at EVCF!